How much will it cost?Schools are charged £135 for a trainee, per day until they achieve PGCE, at which point, they can be transferred to a direct school contract at no extra fee. We feel this gives you complete flexibility throughout your recruitment process and allows you to make informed and successful decisions.
What is the quality of your candidates?Our entry standards are 2:1 or above from a leading UK university and a firm commitment to a career in teaching. Premier Pathways Scholars are those candidates who demonstrate exceptional potential to become outstanding teachers.
What does the professional development programme comprise?Scholar Phase (Terms 1 and 2)
- Pre-Season Training at the University of Buckingham
- October Training at the University of Buckingham
- A series of online modules covering safeguarding, the Prevent strategy and Skills Tests support.
- Training and Assessment Day in February.
- Intense lesson observations and team teaching in Term 4
- Three residential courses in Terms 4 to 6 and the University of Buckingham
- Evidence collation against Teachers’ Standards using the University of Buckingham’s online portfolio
- Assessment against the Teachers’ Standards by the University of Buckingham tutors
- Regular surgeries with the Liaison Team provide additional support as your trainees move towards their PGCE.
- Three further opportunities to meet with other participants before the end of the course use peer networking and liaison support to ensure success on the programme
- Access to the University of Buckingham’s online Moodle software and library ensure that participants are well prepared to take on their PGCE assignments.
- On-going mentorship from trained mentors in their school
- A three-week placement in a contrasting school to secure their teaching skills